Main spring cranks and equaliser cranks were cut out from t0.8 brass sheet. The holes were drilled using DRO, but other parts were cut by hand coping saw following sticked printout.


Main spring cranks were silvered soldered to the main shafts.


Equaliser cranks were soft-soldered. The equaliser cranks have an M1 thread.


Joint brackets were soldered to the lower frames.


I assembled temporarily the pantograph. It looks nice. Each parts were bit over-scaled I thought, but it seems thin enough.


Disassembled it and made grooves on cross members of chassis to clear equaliser link.


I made these fixtures to hold equaliser link while drilling. The distance of the holes should be accurate. The holes were tapped with M1 tap. ?


Both equaliser link and cranks have M1 thread. They are connected by M1 screws keeping slight gaps, say 0.2mm or so. The screws are tightened to the link, but free to rotate against the cranks. In this way stepped screws are not required. Obviously the cranks rotate on the screw and the angle of rotation is limited. However in this application limited operation angle is not a matter. I got this idea from a discussion of valve gear joints in 16mm live steam group.


Upper view. I worried about equality of frame angles, but they look quite equal by my eyes. No adjustment was required. CAD+DRO usually give enough accuracy. Actually some prototype photos show unequally of angles. My model's accuracy seems better than prototype.


パンタグラフの自作 scratch building pantograph

inserted by FC2 system